Info for: High School Juniors
Future Fighting Hawk Checklist
Now that you're in your junior year of high school, it's time to get serious about your future. Get started now on this checklist now, so you're ready to join us in fall 2022. Have questions? Your UND admissions rep has the answers.
Prep for College as a Junior
- Create a shared email account both you and a parent can access that's specifically used for communication from colleges. Throughout the college process, you'll receive emails about important dates and deadlines, financial aid and admission decisions. You don't want to miss them or have them get lost in your current email inbox! A shared spreadsheet is another way for you and your parents to stay on top of deadlines.
- Explore our interactive program finder to learn more about the 225+ fields of study offered at UND. Make a list of all the programs that interest you. You can narrow it down later.
- Schedule your virtual or in-person campus visit.
- Make sure you're taking the right mix of high school classes to meet the UND admission requirements. To be accepted to UND for fall 2022, you'll need the following:
- English (4 units)
- Math (3 units of Algebra I or above)
- Lab Science (3 units)
- Social Sciences (3 units)
- 1 additional unit from any category above or world language (including foreign languages, Native American languages or American Sign Language).
- Get a head start on your college credits before you come to campus.
- Get to know your UND admissions rep.
- Take the ACT or the SAT for the first time. Ask your counselor for details and helpful resources.
- UND does not require the ACT or SAT for admissions, but your scores can help with placement into English and math courses. Some state and national scholarships do require ACT or SAT scores.
- Research the costs for college.
- UND's combined tuition, fees and room / meal plans cost $4,000 less per year than the national average for 4-year public universities.
- Learn about financial aid (scholarships, grants, employment and loan programs) and how it can help you pay for college. UND offers $100 million annually in aid.
Get Ready for College During Senior Year
- Apply to UND in four easy steps! The application for fall 2022 opens Aug. 1.
- UND's priority deadline for admission and scholarship consideration is Feb. 1.
- At UND, you need at 3.5+ GPA to qualify for an automatic academic scholarship.
- Beginning October 1, use your 2020 income taxes to complete the 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Send UND your FAFSA information by using school code 003005. Apply early as funding is not guaranteed!
- Complete your FAFSA by the Feb. 1 priority deadline.
- Apply for 800+ scholarships with one application at Scholarship Central. Once you're admitted to UND, complete your application by the Feb. 1 deadline.
- Confirm you're attending UND by paying the $200 nonrefundable enrollment confirmation deposit by May 1.
- Apply for on-campus housing by UND's priority deadline of May 1.
- Complete the New Student Transition Program to get advised and registered for your first semester of classes.
- You're all set to join UND's Class of 2026 and become a Fighting Hawk!